Luup, Inc. (Head office: Shibuya-ku, Tokyo; President and CEO: Daiki Okai; hereinafter “Luup”) will begin introducing a residents-only model of “LUUP” to newly built condominiums. The first property to be introduced will be Park Homes Hamamatsucho (sold by Mitsui Fudosan Residential Co.,Ltd.), which is scheduled to go on sale in the spring of 2022. Through this initiative, we aim to expand the range of comfortable mobility for residents and provide services that enrich their daily lives.
Luup provides a sharing service for electric, compact, and single-passenger micromobility with the mission to “create an infrastructure that makes the entire city ‘a station front.’” Currently, we provide high-density sharing services of e-scooters and e-bikes in Tokyo, Osaka, Kyoto, and Yokohama.
LUUP is characterized by the highest “LUUP station density” in its service area. Currently, the number of LUUP stations in the entire service has expanded to about 700, and they are used by people for daily transportation, such as commuting and shopping. With LUUP stations located throughout the city, people can move freely and flexibly regardless of the walking time from a train station. With a LUUP station, we believe that even properties far from the nearest train station will become far more accessible, hopefully leading to an increase in value.
By installing LUUP stations in newly constructed condominiums for sale, residents can enjoy more convenient daily transportation to and from work, school, and shopping.
What is “LUUP for Residential”
“LUUP for Residential” is a residents-only model of “LUUP” exclusively for designated condominium residents. Through the “LUUP” smartphone application, residents can ride e-scooters from LUUP stations located in the residents-only area at a discount, and move to any LUUP stations of their choice.
E-scooter sharing service
Available LUUP Stations
Exclusive LUUP stations for property residents & general LUUP stations
Plans to offer a resident-only plan that is less expensive than LUUP’s regular rates (details to be determined)
– Must be a resident of the property
– To use the e-scooters, users must (1) register their driver’s license and (2) pass the driving rules confirmation test with a perfect score from the LUUP smartphone application
Covers property damage, bodily injury, and your own injuries.
– Non-resident users are not allowed to get in or out at LUUP stations located in the condominium.
– For safety reasons, we voluntarily designate roads with significant vehicle traffic as no-go zones for riding e-scooters. Prohibited roads are indicated on the map on the app as “hand-pushing zones” and users are urged to go around them.
Overview of “Park Homes Hamamatsucho”
– Property name: Park Homes Hamamatsucho
– Location: 1-20-6 Kaigan, Minato-ku, Tokyo
– Access: 8-minute walk from Hamamatsucho Station on the Yamanote Line, Keihin Tohoku Line, and Tokyo Monorail; 7-minute walk from Daimon Station on the Toei Oedo Line and Asakusa Line; 2-minute walk from Takeshiba Station on the Yurikamome Line
– Units: 102
– Structure and scale: Reinforced Concrete / 18 stories above ground
– Floor plan: 1K~2LDK
– Original developer: Mitsui Fudosan Residential Co.,Ltd.
– Property management company: Mitsui Fudosan Residential Service Co., Ltd.
– Scheduled completion date: Late August 2023
– Scheduled move-in date: Late November 2023
– Website: https://www.31sumai.com/mfr/X1914/